Monday, August 16, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen … Announcing

Aug 16:

the newest member of the Scrapy Land Design team. The official announcement was made by Susan on the Scrapy Land blog.

Mom spent quite a bit of time in her ‘clean and organized’ scrap room, with me guarding the house downstairs working on her submissions. She seemed to really enjoy doing the 3 projects. Her page was one with a picture of Sophia when Mom and Pat took her to have pictures taken at Portraits Innovation in Burlington.

Layout_KarenW

Mom has never added a stamped image to her page, so she challenged herself to add a stamped image to the the page and only use one picture on the layout.

Next, mom worked on a little Thank You card.

Card_2_KarenW

I think she had some fun with textures and paper and then touched it off with using Sookwang (or ScorePal) tape and Kiwi Glitter, that she did something called burnishing. All I know is that I found a scrap of paper that Mom didn’t seem to want me to have, but was happy I found it for her. When Pat came home she wondered what the sparkly stuff on my nose was.

Mom’s last submission was a Trinket box that is topped with an easel card. I was hoping there was a cookie in one of the drawers for me, but sadly no.

Other_1_KarenW Other_2_KarenW

I have spent some time with Mom in her studio as she is still so excited, working on projects that will be published on the Scrapy Land blog. So come along with me as I keep you up to date with Mom’s and my journey over the next several months.

Take care

No comments: