Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baking Surprise

Sept 28: Mom spent some time in the kitchen this morning. First Pat got out all the ingredients Mom needed before she left for work. She tells me this a surprise for someone I have never met!

SugarCookie_1_web

After she got the mixer set up she came and let me sit in her lap – which is my favorite place to be. But after 10 minutes Mom had to get back to her task. (and yes, my Mom washed her hands!)

Mom used her Kitchen Aid stand mixer to mix all the ingredients together – she says you have to add them in a specific order for the recipe to work.  Good thing Mom can read, ‘cause I can’t, I can just keep her company.

Now it’s time to roll the dough out. Mom has a special mat that she uses and it keeps the counter top cleaner. She still uses parchment paper – not sure what that is.

SugarCookie_2_web

No flour needed – Mom says this helps not effecting the dough. She then cut the large mound of dough into 4 and rolled each quarter out between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Can you see Mom’s roller?  She has special spacers on each end to keep the dough from being squished to thin. Mom’s friend (who gave her the recipe) says you can use two1/4” dowels and get the same effect.

Mom then slides the dough on to a cookie sheet and stores them in the fridge either overnight or at least 6-8 hours.

SugarCookie_3_web

Mom’s friend told her to do this so that the dough gets nice and firm and then it cuts nicely with cookie cutters. I like cookies and Mom gives me some if I’m a good girl – but not sure I can have any of these.

Well that’s all for today, time for me to have some quiet time on Mom’s lap!

Take care.

1 comment:

Stampy Land said...

oh Missy - I'm guessing that you might find yourself some sugar-cookie treats later on today!!! Thanks for the fun pictures - can't wait to hear how the special rolling pin worked out!!!!